Friday, August 16, 2013

"Chain Letter"

"Chain Letter" ~ 2010

Netflix description = When a group of tech savvy high school pals receive an electronic chain letter that demands they each forward the message or face consequences, they laugh it off as an online prank and delete the posts.  But when the deranged sender of the message starts hunting them down one by one, they find themselves in a fight for their lives.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a fun, fairly gory twist on the chain letter urban legends.  The opening scene sets you up for an interesting ride. (you might find that funny if /after you've seen the film, but anyway....) The underlying story behind the chain is very well played and executed.  Moderate gore, always fun.  I would watch again!

My score  3.5/5

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on television a few weeks ago, I missed the first ten minutes or so, but I thought it was pretty neat. I like how the old chain letter urban legend was modernized for the technologically savvy generation. (Instead of a paper letter mailed in the mail box, it's via text messaging) The ending totally grossed me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its unedited on Netflix. The end... is how they start the movie, without the full completion. Hence my "interesting ride" pun. lol

    ReplyDelete