Friday, August 16, 2013

"Don't be Afraid of the Dark"

"Don't be Afraid of the Dark" ~ 2011

Netflix description = Soon after moving in with her father and his new girlfriend, young Sally discovers she isn't alone in the house.  Strange creatures live there - - and they might not be as friendly as Sally thinks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This movie is what I would categorize as "child friendly" in that it is a more juvenile aspect, and perfect for even the younger horror fans.  To me its like reading John Saul, always a fun easy read, for almost any age.  Anyhow, with that said, this movie was high on the creepy factor.  The skittering noises and quick movements in the shadows were well done.  I even liked the character development and found myself "feeling" for Sally.  I enjoyed it, but again very tame.

My score  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment